Friday, March 24, 2006

Two teeny toofs!

Dripping drool drenches this dude's duds

Luke's got two teeth! Over this past week I've been able to see what I thought was a tooth, and this morning it was clearly not one tooth but two! We have suspected that some sharp little boogers would be rearing their painful little heads soon. Between gnawing his own hands off as if we never feed the poor fella, and drooling so much that he sometimes requires a couple of costume changes a day, the emergence of teeth seemed imminent. He has also been uncharacteristically whiney lately. He evens whines through smiles, as if he really wants to act his usual jolly self but just can't do it. We've been keeping him sauced up with infant pain relievers and it seems to help somewhat. I assume those are the only two little teefers at the moment, but he won't let me get too good of a look. Quit touching my mouth, Mom!

Quit taking my picture and leave my teeth alone...


Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was that they escaped teething.
~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894

If you were to open up a baby's head - and I am not for a moment suggesting that you should - you would find nothing but an enormous drool gland.
~Dave Barry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray, Luke! Now you can eat corn on the cob and bite your parents' fingers!